User Permission Levels
User permission levels explained
Tugboat has four different types of users:
Owner users can:
- Manage billing information. This information is disabled if the company is paying with a purchase order.
Owners can also do everything the admin user and general user can do.
Admin users can:
- Add and remove users from a project, and change user permissions. Admin users can administer other admin users, though
they cannot remove themselves from a project.
- Add repositories to the project.
- Manage the repository configuration interface. This includes things like
changing repository settings, environment
variables and SSH keys.
- Delete repositories.
- Delete the entire project.
- Rename the project.
Admin can also do everything the general user can do.
Tugboat’s general User’s permissions include:
- View the repository configuration interface. This includes things like
repository settings, environment variables and
- Manage Previews. Create, remove, rebuild, or lock Previews.
- Manage Base Previews.
- Shell access to previews. Manage visual diff screenshots. View build logs.
Tugboat users with Read-only permissions can:
- View a list of all Previews, see build logs and visual diff screenshots.
- Read-only users may create additional visual diff screenshots.
These users have no access to anything else.